Agape International Christian Assembly (ICA) is an English language international church affiliated with the Assemblies of God, located in the heart of Taipei. We are a sister church to other ICA churches located throughout the Asia Pacific region. (Tokyo, Bangkok, Phnom Phen, Jakarta, Bali, Surabaya, Bejing, Ho Chi Minh)
We are an evangelical church that worships in the warmth of the Spirit and honors the Word of God. Agape ICA is a multi-cultural body of believers with representatives from most every continent and many varied nations. Besides the English international service, there are six Tagalog (Filipino) congregations that are a part of the Agape ICA network of congregations which meeting in various locations throughout the greater Taipei area.
And what did Jesus prioritize? He brought it down for us to two non-negotiable commandments:
~The Great Commandment – Mark 12:30-31
- 30 Love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, all your mind, and all your strength,’ and
- 31 ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.
~The Great Commission – Mat 28:19-20
- 19 Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit.
- 20 Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you.
These non-negotiable commandments are lived out in church life through the model established by the Holy Spirit in Acts 2:42-47
- 42 All the believers devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching, and to fellowship, and to sharing in meals (including the Lord’s Supper), and to prayer.
- 43 A deep sense of awe came over them all, and the apostles performed many miraculous signs and wonders.
- 44 And all the believers met together in one place and shared everything they had.
- 45 They sold their property and possessions and shared the money with those in need.
- 46 They worshiped together at the Temple each day, met in homes for the Lord’s Supper, and shared their meals with great joy and generosity—
- 47 all the while praising God and enjoying the goodwill of all the people. And each day the Lord added to their fellowship those who were being saved.
In these verses we see 5 clear elements that are to make up the life of the Church:
- Spirit-led Worship – to acknowledge Jesus as the center-point and focus of our lives and of His Church
- Spirit-led Discipleship – to help us become more like Jesus
- Spirit-led Fellowship – to love one another as He loves us
- Spirit-empowered Ministry/Acts of Service – to meet people’s needs
- Spirit-empowered Evangelism – to bring people to Jesus